Literacy is Fun Too,(L.I.F.T.)provides creative literary opportunities to Georgia youth.
Our schools are failing our kids. There is a systemic problem throughout the school system where kids are taught to pass the test. Shouldn’t the goal be for our kids to develop a love for learning—to find their passion and discover how they can contribute to our society? The school system, by no fault of our educators, continues to approach this problem of failing schools the same way every year and expect different results. Our program re-engages kids and shows them how their creative gifts can be used in the real world. The vehicle we use to accomplish this is creative writing.
Our members and community share what literacy means.
Who we are and why we’re passionate about literacy
The specific objectives and purpose of our nonprofit literacy program are to:
- Teach boys and girls literacy skills that will encourage a love for reading, writing, and computer technology.
- Build confidence and self-esteem.
- Introduce students to careers that utilize written creative expression.
- Improve comprehension and focus.
- Coach administrators and teachers on how to incorporate project-based writing.
To service disenfranchised communities and at-risk youth, our educational non-profit organization offers:
- Student assemblies and workshops
- Teaching residencies
- In-school or after-school workshops
- Individual or group tutoring
- Confidence building mentorship
- Creative events and activities in the media and communications career fields
Spread the word. It’s easy to become an advocate for L.I.F.T. by sharing what we do on social media. We work with schools, community centers, churches, and libraries. Contact us. Get involved and help us L.I.F.T. them up.
Learn about our sponsorship program here.